Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Grass Life


My kids ask me, “How old are you?”  I used to say, “I’m always 26!” but then I realized that I had my last child at 27. I had to change my “forever age” to 27, because I can’t imagine life without the last of my four kids! 
I laugh as I think about how we all have those moments in life. We want to be older than we are when we are young. Then we get older and we want to be younger! :D

The fashions we wear, the hairstyles we create, even the accessories we as woman force upon ourselves, is in essence to keep us looking, acting, and feeling younger.

For those of you who know me well, the above paragraph doesn’t apply much to myself, as the only fashion I can seem to feel comfortable in is a pair of jeans! :D  However I find my “inner child” coming out all the time in the most peculiar of way, and wonder how many hours of therapy my children will have to endure for my behaviour! When I find myself making “pig” faces at the table with my kids, or pretending my eggnog is throw-up, I end up looking up at four little faces with wide eyes and have to burst out laughing!  I often have to apologize that I will never totally “grow up”. 

How many of us have photo albums in our homes and love to look back at the pictures of when we were young, our children were babies, or just “the good ‘ole days”?  I love pictures. I love history and I love tracing my ancestry.  But when it comes down to it, what pictures do we have/keep of our past family? Pretty much one “graduation” type picture, and one wedding picture. When I look at these, it reminds me how short life is! They had joys and sorrows. They had friendships, jobs, houses, children, stories...yet for all their being, they are now only a memory, or maybe just a name on the family tree.

Life is but a fleeting moment. 
No matter what our age, or stage in life, we really never know when our time here on earth will be done.

What will your life be remembered for??
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of the Lord shall endure forever (Isa 40:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment