Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love


                                                                 Love is patient

Love is kind
Love is NOT jealous
Love is NOT boastful
Love is NOT proud
Love is NOT rude
Love does NOT keep record of being wronged
Love does NOT rejoice in injustice
Love rejoices in the truth
Love never gives up
Love never loses faith
Love always hopes
Love endures through every circumstance.

If I could speak all the languages of the earth and of angels...
If I had the gift of prophecy and understood all God’s
secret plans, and possessed all knowledge, 
If I had faith that could move mountains
BUT didn’t love others
I would be nothing.
{taken from 1 Cor 13}


There was a day I cried my eyes out to my husband, in anger and full of sorrow. "I am tired of being accused when I am not at fault. I am tired of being thrown to the side when I have given all I know to give. I am tired of being there when I am needed, to be discarded when they feel they don't need me. They think because I love them I will let them hurt me. They think because I love them they can just run back to me and act like every things ok, and I'm just supposed to be ok with that. Well I won't always be there!!!!"  
I recall that day and the situation, and God spoke to me and said, "That is how I feel so many times. When they need Me, they pray to and ask Me to help, and when things are ok, they forget me. When something goes wrong, they like to blame Me, but they don't mention Me when things are well. They think that I will always be there like every things ok, and I'm just supposed to be ok with that. Well one day it will be too late."  If I, as a human, could feel such hurt and sorrow, what does the Lord feel for His very creation? The ones He loved SO much that He sent His only Son to die for us?  Yet, He offers His love and forgiveness, grace and mercy...if we choose it. But it is our choice.  It is also our choice to choose to forgive as He forgives. To choose to show grace and mercy as He does.   May we grow to be more like Him. May we choose to Love as He Loves. May we love each other as He has loved us.

"This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you." ~Jesus (Jhn 15:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment